Yield: 4 servings
Source: "Magic Menus for People with Diabetes"
- 1/2 10-ounce package frozen chopped
spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, (leave skin intact)
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine spinach, cheeses, and seasonings.
Lift up skin of each chicken breast and divide mixture evenly
among them. Be careful not to tear skins. Smooth skin over
stuffing; tuck skin edges underneath to form a neat package.
Brush chicken with melted margarine. Place in 2-quart
baking dish. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Remove
skin before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 breast):
Calories: 211, Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 96 mg, Sodium: 160 mg,
Carbohydrate: 2 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 36 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat