I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Friday, November 12, 2010

Gluten Free Tacos

Quick and tasty gluten-free vegetarian tacos

2 cups Bob's Red Mill High Protein TVP (gluten-free) (I'm not a fan of TVP so I will likely use ground turkey instead)
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) (I will likely omit)
4 tablespoons chili powder (I use McCormick)
1 8 oz. bottle taco sauce (I use Ortega mild taco sauce)
1/2 cup water
taco shells, or soft corn tortillas, whichever you prefer
your favorite toppings

Measure out the TVP and place in a large bowl. Boil the water and pour into a Pyrex measuring cup. Add the Tamari to the boiling water, then pour the mixture over the TVP to rehydrate. Wait ten minutes. Add the reconstituted TVP to a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the taco sauce, chili powder, and half a cup of water. You want the texture to be a little bit saucy, so add a little more water if you need to. Stir. Simmer over low heat for ten minutes. That's it!

Serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!

vegan as prepared ~ makes 4 servings