- ½ lb pound cremini mushrooms (baby portabellas), sliced or diced (your preference)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbl olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (I use gluten free flour)
- 1 tbl parsley
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 2 cups mushroom or vegetable broth
- 1 cup low fat milk (I use almond milk, plain)
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
- Pour olive oil in a medium sized soup pot and heat over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions and saute until tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine to deglaze the pan. Return the pan to the heat and let the wine simmer until almost gone, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and milk and simmer about 5-7 minutes on low, do not boil, keep the heat low and just simmering until thickened.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Makes 8 servings.
Serving size 1/2 cup.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 74.5, Cal. from Fat: 31.5, Total Fat: 3.5g, Sat. Fat: .5g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 2.5g, Protein: 3g, Sodium: 77.5mg, Chol: .5mg
This soup is the perfect replacement for any canned cream of mushroom soup.
Paulissa's note: Please take note that clean eating does not always equal gluten free and adjust for your own needs.