I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Monday, November 8, 2010

Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole

Here's the recipe that's in the Fresh Market holiday recipe book. I'm sure you can use it as a base and do something wonderful with it. I'm sure it isn't necessary to use the fancy schmancy onions and mushrooms too.

2 1/2lbs french beans, ...with stems snapped off.
2 TBSP butter
5 cipollini onions, thinly sliced (I'll use regular onions)
2 tsp Hungarian Paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Chanterelle mushrooms, rinced and coursely chopped
8 oz baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced (I will just use canned and brown them)
4 TBSP flour (gluten free)
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 (4oz) packs Lars crispy onions (I will omit unless I find a way to make gluten free fried onions)

Directions in a nutshell:

blanch beans, rinse in cold water, cut in half, set aside
melt butter, add onions and mushrooms, sautee 5 mins. Add paprika, cayenne, S&P, mix. Gradually add in flour, then chicken stock and simmer 5-8 mins. Stir in creme fraiche, lemon juice and beans. Simmer 8 mins. Transfer to baking dish & bake at 400* for 20 mins. Remove from oven and top with crispy onions, if desired.