I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Inside Out Brussel Sprouts

Inside Out Brussel Sprouts

I do not like BRUSSELL SPROUTS normally but these are great.  These taste
like stuffed cabbage.

I took these at Christmas to our church pot luck and
got raves about them tasting like stuffed cabbage!

2 pounds lean ground beef ( I use 93 % lean)

1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice( I use instant Brown rice)

1 medium onion chopped

2 eggs

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp pepper

1 package(10 oz) frozen brussel sprouts

2 cans ( 15 oz each) tomato sauce
( I have used Tomato juice or diluted tomato soup also)

1 cup water



IN a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients and mix well.
Shape a scant 1/4 cupful around each frozen brussel
sprout to form a meatball.

Place in a ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch dish
combine tomato sauce and water
( if I use Tomato juice or the diluted tomato soup
i do not use the extra water)
Pour over meat balls

cover and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes
or until no pink remains

Yield 10 servings

Serving Size 1/10th of recipe

Calories 226
total fat 7g
Carbohydrates 22 g
protein 21 g