- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa, drained
- 1 8-count package gluten free tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) gluten, soy, and dairy free shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack (Daiya cheese works well)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced 1 inch thick
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, and salsa. Place 4 tortillas on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with half the cheese. Using a slotted spoon, top with the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake the quesadillas until the cheese has melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, and oil. Add the lettuce and toss.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with the salad.
- Per Serving 1 quesadilla
- Calories 175
- Fat 7.5g
- Sat Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 11.25 mg
- Sodium 280 mg
- Carbohydrate 21 g
- Fiber 3.75 g
- Sugar 2.5 g
- Protein 7 g