I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Enjoy Life Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bagels Review


Ok, this is going to be a bit of a rant so turn the channel if you must. In my quest to have something that tasted normal without having to bake from scratch, I tried Enjoy Life's Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bagels. The packaging touts the product's 300 mg of omega 3's per serving and that they are made in a dedicated in a dedicated bakery (the last point being especially important for celiacs).

http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/our_foods/bagels/cinnamon_raisin.html

For as appetizing as this product appears, OMG these are just awful. They are hard - not chewy, hard! - upon toasting and it is impossible to taste the raisins in the bagel. The texture, once bitten, is doughy, not chewy. Overall, I will not end up eating these and instead find a good recipe and try them from scratch. A total waste of money at $3.99 for 6 at Whole Foods. Seriously, do manufacturers think that taste doesn't count when going gluten free? Of all of the ready-made products I've tried, I've noticed a lack of flavor, dryness, and a texture that resembles sawdust. It's not worth my money to keep trying with them. I will instead experiment with GF recipes and make things from scratch. The time will offset money spent on things I end up throwing away.