I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Loving This Way of Life

Good morning friends,

It is a cool morning here but sunny and crisp. Not much going on but resting for me and a little housework for David.

I have made a realization: While the thought of going gluten, sugar, soy, and dairy free was overwhelming the reality is that it has been fun and a wonderful wakeup call to my tastebuds to what they have been missing! I love looking for new flavors that we haven't tried and knowing that I am feeling my body well for optimum health. While I am not losing now due to surgical swelling, the scale will catch up soon and reward my efforts as well. While I am a bit embarrassed that it has taken me sooooo long to reach this point, I am glad that I am here and finally have realized that there is no meal that tastes good enough for me to risk my health over.

So fruits, veggies, healthy (gluten-free) whole grains, fish, a little chicken and the occasional piece of red meat fixed in a healthy manner will be my lifestyle from here on out. I look forward to snowshoeing, hiking, walking and dancing once I heal from surgery and have been released to exercise. Thank you to those of you who have patiently answered my questions about making these changes.