I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gotta Read The Labels

Since researching the effects of soy on endometriosis, I have made a commitment to go soy free. I must admit that of all of the dietary transitions I've made, this one is the one that is proving the hardest.

It seems that the food producers - in their never-ending quest to label things 'high protein" - are adding soy protein or lecithin to darn near everything. Even things that aren't remotely related to a soy product - like almond milk! The hubber went to the grocery store and bought me a bunch of gluten free, dairy free and he thought - soy free - products. Several of the products contained some form of soy. Not good. I have started keeping a list of the brands to avoid and why and we will have to refer to it and really carefully read labels. I do but the hubber is learning. He is wonderfully supportive so I appreciate his efforts in this journey.

For someone like me whose body goes into overdrive with estrogen, having an estrogen accelerator like soy is not a good thing.

This is definitely a learning experience.