Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
1¾ cups fusilli pasta (or 1/4 lbs of any other pasta)
1 large bunch asparagus cut into 1-inch lengths.
½ medium onion, minced
1 cup basket cherry tomatoes, quartered (squeeze to remove seeds)
5-6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
3 tbs chopped fresh basil (or 1 TBS dried basil)
1 tbs chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried tarragon)
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
* Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
* Optional 4 oz low fat goat or low fat feta cheese.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- While pasta is cooking prepare rest of the ingredients. Place everything but asparagus in a bowl and set aside except cheese.
- When pasta is about 3 minutes from being done, add asparagus to cooking pasta. (If asparagus is thick you may want to add 4 minutes before it’s done. Or if it is thin, add 2 minutes before it’s done.) Drain and rinse in cold water in colander when done. Make sure it drains well so it doesn’t dilute flavor.
- Toss with rest of ingredients, and season with salt and pepper. Crumble feta on top.
Calories:238.17 Sodium:9.23mg Protein: 7.29g Fat:11.30g Fiber: 5.02g
* High in Vitamin K & C