I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Friday, May 20, 2011

Foil-Pack Chicken Fajita Dinner

Foil-Pack Chicken Fajita Dinner

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked (I used brown!)
1-1/2 cups hot water
1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 each green and red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Taco Cheese


Directions:
HEAT oven to 400ºF.

FOLD up all sides of each of 4 large sheets heavy-duty foil to form 1-inch rim; spray with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon onto foil. Top with remaining ingredients.

BRING up foil sides; fold to make 4 packets. Place in 15x10x1-inch pan. (Cookie sheet...)

BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Cool 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.


Here is the actual original recipe without my changes: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/foil-pack-chicken-fajita-dinner-111262.aspx?tab=recipe

I did not use fresh chicken - I used frozen, and just cooked it for 45 minutes instead of the suggested 30-35. Worked great!

I also topped it with 2 tablespoons light sour cream just before eating. This was insane delicious! Not even kidding when I say I used my finger to clean out the bowl of all the sauce and licked it up. Yum. I will for sure make it again, and I am going to box up my extras for leftovers this week. I made the full recipe - but there is no reason you couldn't quarter everything and just make one packet, which is probably what I will do in the future! You could also throw in other veggies that you like - I am sure it would be good with zucchini or yellow squash, mushrooms (if that's your thing, NOT mine, haha!), onions, etc.

Easiest and tastiest dinner I have made in a long time! =)

Calories and Nutrition from the website (mine were a little lower when put into the MFP recipe maker):
Calories 350, Total fat 8g, Saturated fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 510mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Dietary fiber 2g, Sugars 3g, Protein 31g, Vitamin A 25 %DV, Vitamin C 50 %DV, Calcium 15 %DV