I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Friday, December 24, 2010

Spinach Apple Salad

Ingredients

1/2 cup Hy-Vee granulated sugar (I use agave instead: 1/4 C. 3/4 TSP)
2 tbsp sesame seed
1 tbsp poppy seed
2 tbsp chopped red onion
1/4 tsp Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Grand Selections olive oil
1/4 cup Hy-Vee white vinegar
1 (5 oz) bag Dole™ baby spinach and red leaf lettuce
1 Braeburn apple, cored and chopped

Preparation

In a small bowl, combine sugar, sesame seed, poppy seed, red onion, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and vinegar. Whisk together until blended.

In a large bowl, mix together spinach and apple. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.

Pour dressing over salad just before serving.

Yield

Serves 6.