I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How I've Dropped 21 Pounds, 5 inches and 14 BP points

Exercise DAILY for at least 45 minutes (mostly walking at a brisk pace, but have started to mix it up with some tai chi, zumba, dance, some strength training, yoga, etc). So I walk/jog every day, every OTHER day I do strength training with 3-6 lb weights.

I changed my eating as well. I measure EVERYTHING. I eat clean 80% of the time (shooting for more changes in 2011 but this is manageable for the transitions). I cut out processed foods ie. refined flour, sugar, (NO WHITE SUGAR OR FLOURS) most red meat (eat it about 1x a month), added more fish, chicken and vegetarian meals to the diet, eat more beans and legumes, less pasta (gluten-free or otherwise), very little bread and if I do eat those items, my rule is that I MUST eat veggies with it. It helps me to break the carb craving cycle. I don't eat dairy (I'm lactose intolerant), and I avoid soy. I don't use fats in solid form (I use olive oil, grapeseed soil, etc). I don't use anything with sugar or corn syrup, added colors, etc. I basically cut everything out of my diet that is an irritant to the body. I have endometriosis and had a hysto 6 weeks ago. I have no guarantees that it won't come back, but this makes my body a less hospitable host.

I overhauled everything and quit smoking as well. I drink 72-92 ozs of water a day. It was trying at first but is getting much easier now. I haven't had a migraine in 2 months, the weight loss has been relatively easy, I'm not fatigued and irritable, I feel really good.