I was hungry for pancakes this morning, so I modified this recipe to my needs and served them with a little yogurt and fruit. Awesome!
Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I use gluten free flour)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I use 2 tbsp of molasses or amber agave)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups nonfat milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (so much better for you and doesn't affect the flavor)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients until there are no clumps.
- Cook on medium heat until the edges look dry, then flip.
- Remember, these pancakes will be dense and thick. This is how they are supposed to turn out.
- Super good with REAL maple syrup!