I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Scandinavian Thumbprint Cookies



Scandinavian Thumbprint Cookies
gluten-free, egg-free

Add to bowl:
1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, liquified
3 tbsp honey or agave
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tbsp Chia Seed meal (I grind my seeds in coffee grinder or Magic Bullet. 1 tbsp meal is equal to about 1/2 tbsp seeds)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat with electric mixer.

Add:
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup almond meal flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted

Beat with electric mixer.

Roll into little balls and place on unbleached parchment paper.

Use you fingers to create an indentation and fill it with raspberry or strawberry jam. I use Crofter's Just Fruit Spread, but St. Dalfour is another one with no added sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Makes about 12 cookies.

NOTE:

You can use twice as much flax seed meal as chia seed meal if you don't have chia meal on hand :-)