Here’s my version…
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
adapted from Cabot
4 cups cooked Tinkyana Gluten free noodles
8 ounces cheddar cheese (I use a comination of Galaxy Nutritionals cheddar slices and Daiya cheese-both are dairy free)
15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup plain almond milk
3/4 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt (dairy free if possible)
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons grated fresh onion
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs (gluten free)
2 tsp. melted butter (Earth Balance)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, puree beans with milk until mixture is smooth.
3. In large bowl, stir together macaroni, cheddar cheese, bean puree, sour cream, egg, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
3. In small bowl, combine butter with breadcrumbs. Sprinkle mixture over macaroni. Cover with lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Uncover and broil until golden.