- 1 cup white rice (can substitute brown)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- CELERY LEAF!- probably the most important ingredient!
- 1/2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce (or 2 cups homemade sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, using stock instead of water; set aside. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomato, tomato sauce, celery leaf, seasoned salt if desired, chili powder, pepper and cooked rice. Cook 3-4 minutes or until heated through.