I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fat Free Easy Raspberry Trifle

Fat Free Easy Raspberry Trifle

1 package Betty Crocker® 1-step white angel food cake mix
1 1/4 cups cold water
2 cups boiling water
1 package (8-serving size) sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
3 containers (6 ounces each) Yoplait® Original red raspberry yogurt

1. Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks). Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Beat cake mix and cold water in extra-large glass or metal bowl on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10x4-inch angel food cake pan (tube pan). Do not use bundt cake pan or 9x3 1/2-inch angel food pan, or batter will overflow.

3. Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not underbake.

4. Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely cool, about 1 hour. Run knife around edges; remove from pan. Tear cake into about 3/4-inch pieces.

5. Pour boiling water on gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add raspberries. (If desired, remove several raspberries and reserve for garnish.) Refrigerate gelatin mixture about 15 minutes or until thickened but not set.

6. Layer half each of the cake pieces, gelatin mixture and yogurt in 3-quart glass bowl; repeat. Garnish with reserved raspberries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.


Sorry I don't have the nutritional facts on it. I think when I make it, I'm going to use strawberries because I don't really like raspberries, plus I already have all the ingredients to make a strawberry version. I still have some of mine with pineapples in it and I think this will be a fun way to use the rest of it.


I have a similar version of this too. I put in a creamy layer (sometimes, I just put the creamy stuff on the table with sliced strawberries and angel food cake.