I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Keep Your Salads From Being Boring

  1. Here are my 2 faves: #1- romaine, cottage cheese, tuna, bacon bits, croutons, cucumbers, tomatoes & ranch! #2- spinach, (veggie) chicken, almonds, croutons, tomatoes, avacados, & balsamic vinaigrette mmm I'm hungry now lol
  2. try some walnuts, dried cranberries, and a little blue cheese crumbles...yum! Also I use kale, spinach, and spring mix
    5 hours ago
  3. One that I make is baby spinach leaves, strawberries, walnuts and red onion with Kraft Raspberry viniagarette..I make lots of salads and they all turn out great..I wont even pay for one in a restaurant now!


  4. I like any veggies, kalamata olives, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, or heirloom(colors it up nice) Love strips of bell pepper(great fat burner) I will put peperoncinis in mine, goodness, sprinkle sunflower seeds or pepitas, or walnuts, all measured of course. Pepitas, sunflower seeds, and ground flax are good, so is avocado. I like fresh squeezed lemon on my salad as well. Just a few things I could think of!
    5 hours ago
  5. i put cottage cheese in with balsamic vinegarette and carrots, tomatoes, hard boilled egg and spinach...amazing!
  6. Romaine lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black olives, sliced chicken breast, light balsamic vinegar...
  7. Mixed greens, olives, red onion, various peppers, cherry tomatoes and dressed with salsa.
  8. I love pears or apples in my salad - but fresh tomatoes and persian cukes! An egg is always great - or a little reduced fat cheese. It's all about the dressing for me. Finding a low cal one that I like! I love the Litehouse Pomegranate Blueberry!
  9. This is my famous everyone loves salad (super easy BTW) Orangic spinach and herbs mixed greens, 1 tbls olive oil, 1 tbls basalmic vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. I never measure the spices (sorry) I just sprinkle them on LOl :) This is the base, from this you can add anything. For just a simple home dinner I add cherry tomatoes and sliced raw almonds sometimes avocado. For a dinner party I add dried cranberries, spiced almonds, pears, low fat feta and mix 1tbls honey to the oil and vinegar. You can do a combo of broccoli flowers, boiled eggs, celery and bell peppers. Pomegranate seeds are a good add too. I am always asked to bring the salads :)
    5 hours ago
  10. I love fruit on my salads - normally dried cranberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges or blueberries - usually always with feta or bleu cheese!
  11. when i get bored i try other greens. i know you just said you don't like fruit on your salad, but my new favorite is raw pea shoots w/ mustu (crispin) and scallion. lime juice, olive oil, a dash of sesame oil, sesame seeds. YUM!
  12. oh also if you get bored easily w/ lettuce, you can keep things like blanched green beans, cooked potatoes, etc. in the fridge and throw them in your salads. i'm a big fan of hard cheese and olives and nuts in salad! :D
  13. I do all spinich and then add a egg (hard boiled) / a Tblspoon of almonds / 1 serving of Feta / and 2 tblspoons of low fat light ranch -- that does it for me.. its my favorite salad -- of course I like a couple others with fruit but you said you don't likey.. :)
    1 hour ago