I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nikki's Carnitas

Yummy carnitas!!!!


  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 2 cups chicken broth

Directions

  1. Mix together salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat pork with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top. Pour the chicken broth around the sides of the pork, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture.
  2. Cover and cook on Low until the pork shreds easily with a fork, about 10 hours. Turn the meat after it has cooked for 5 hours. When the pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Use cooking liquid as needed to moisten the meat.


Nutritional Information Servings Per Recipe: 10 Amount Per Serving Calories: 223 Carbohydrates: 0.7g Cholesterol: 73.6mg Dietary Fiber: 0.2g Fat: 13.9g Protein: 22.3g Sodium: 510.2mg

I made a giant thing of Spanish rice, beans, & carnitas for my Hubby a few days ago. Last night I set up a line of those plus eggs, potatoes, chorizo, taco meat, sour cream, cheese... I am happy to say I made him 35 random burritos & had my measured 1/2 cup eggs 1/2 cup potatoes & tortilla & veggie sausage