I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wow So This Is What I've Been Missing???

Good evening friends,

It has been a long day and it is not over yet but I thought that I should report on my day. It was a much better day with the pain today. The combination of Percoset and Motrin seems to be keeping things mostly at bay.

Today was a very good eating day. Everything was on plan and filling. So filling, in fact, that I didn't finish all of veggies for lunch. I really am enjoying the more vegetarian way of eating: the flavors, textures and not having to scramble to get all of my fruits and veggies. To think I've been giving up this privilege all of these years. Ah well, not any more. I feel stronger and as though I am eating for optimal health vs. to feed a carb craving. It's hard to explain but it is enlightening.

I start back to exercise today and did 1 mile. I'm shooting for 2 miles tomorrow. I have to be careful not to overdo in light of the pain levels but I need to begin putting all of the puzzle pieces together. There will be less of me in 2011.