I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Saturday, October 30, 2010

No Unhealthy Food Is Worth Dying For

A friend asked me today why I have chosen such an extreme way of eating. I said that I had a wakeup call.

I just reached the point where I felt as though the bad eating and lack of eating was killing me. My BP and cholesterol were borderline high at my last physical and while the blood sugars were normal, I feared that diabetes was right around the corner. I decided that there is no food that taste good enough for me to die for it and began changing everything. Upon doing some research on the Mediterranean and anti-flammatory,candida, gluten free (same basic principles for all of these but some are a bit more clean eating (no preservatives, pesticides, processed foods) than others) I discovered that since endo is an inflammatory disease and can depress the immune system and cause IBS (irritable bowel) and other things such as rheumatoid arthritis, I decided that eliminating the refined sugars, flours, dairy and soy made sense. It may help with staving those conditions and it is healthier overall. I am eating mostly a vegetarian diet - eggs, fish, chicken and very little red meat. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, experimenting with different grains and enjoying the energy I have. This in spite of the pelvic pain so I can only imagine how much better I'll feel after surgery and recovery.

Regaining my healthy is a priority and I willing to do whatever it takes to get there because "this is who I am, this is what I do."