I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Transforming Me

I just finished a 30 minute Leslie Sansone walk (the 2 walking videos that are on the walkathome.com website). It feels good to move even if it did tire me out a little. That just proves to me how out of shape and unhealthy I've let myself become.

The eating went well today, though I did have a fun size candy bar. I made sure I tracked it though. I'm getting to the point that I enjoy an apple and grapes with breakfast (my oatmeal) and an apple in the afternoon to help tide me over before dinner. I'm eating veggies in my salad or making sure that I pack veggies with whatever my lunch entree is.

I'm actually enjoying this change and I never thought I would say that.Maybe I've finally reached the point that I realize how habits, good or bad, affect the quality of life I will lead and I'm willing to make the choices necessary to ensure a good one. They are not sacrifices - sacrifice for me is not being able to keep up when I'm hiking, feeling like the clumsy girl because I don't feel like I can move my body well and being tired too much, It all matters and it is not acceptable any longer.