I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Sunday, October 24, 2010

No Whole Paycheck Clean Eating

Having just spent nearly $35 on roughly a dozen gluten free, dairy free, soy free items in my local grocery store yesterday, I can certainly appreciate the tips posted on the Gracious Pantry blog today on

5 Tips For Eating Clean When You’re Broke

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/eating-clean-budget/

Here are the items I purchased and what they cost in my local supermarket:

1 almond & apricot fruit bar $1.50
Rice Works Brown Rice Crisps (great stuff!) $3.18
Ener-G Brown Rice Loaf Bread
$4.49
Wild Garden Fire Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (awesome stuff!) $2.79
Galaxy Foods Cheddar Flavor Rice Singles (pretty decent for non-dairy, gluten free, soy free cheese) $4.49
Lundberg Apple Cinnamon rice cakes (yummy with a little peanut butter and a slice of Galaxy cheese) $2.99
De Boles Gluten Free Rice Spirals $2.79
Envirokids organic Gorilla Munch Cereal $3.99
2 Nugo Carrot Cake bars $1.00 each
Orgran Rice & Millet Pasta Spirals $3.89 8.8 oz
Nature's Path Enviro

So I will check on bulk pricing (I don't know if there is bulk pricing for rice and pasta but it's worth taking a look) and get on a mailing list for Whole Foods (Trader Joe's is coming!) and set up a spreadsheet so that I can compare pricing between stores.