I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Richard Simmons Thanksgiving Dahy Shopping List

Here's a little inspiration for the holidays. I've tried the salad and it's really good!!!

November 20, 2005

THANKSGIVING DAY SHOPPING LIST

Today I start cooking for Thursday`s dinner extravaganza. Love that word,
don`t you? But before I cook a thing, I`ll visit the grocery store before
going to Slimmons to do my radio show. I sat down at the butcher block with
a menu and made out my list. I`ll get everything today except the turkey,
which will arrive on Wednesday.

First stop, the produce section. I`m serving a tossed green salad with Fiji
apples, mushrooms, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, chopped fresh chives, green
onions, and Italian parsley. I`ll be serving this salad with a parmesan oil
and vinaigrette dressing. It`s so easy to make. Put your oil and vinegar in
a blender, add a tablespoon of parmesan cheese, and whip up. You won`t
believe how good it is!

I`m baking my bread for the stuffing this year, one loaf buttermilk and one
loaf whole wheat. I`m putting together a very traditional stuffing recipe.
You know, celery, onions, and the teeniest bit of sage. This year, I`m
adding chopped roasted chestnuts and roasted corn kernels cut from the cob.

I`ll get yams that I will bake and then whip them up like mashed potatoes
with "I Can`t Believe it`s Not Butter" and a dollop of fat free sour cream.

I`m roasting vegetables on the grill this year, because the temperature will
be between 80 and 90 on Gobble Day. So on the grill goes artichokes that
have been steamed for 40 minutes and vertically cut in half. I`m also making
kabobs with Brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini slices.

I wanted to make biscuits, but my thighs said no. The stuffing will be quite
enough.

Every year I make my own version of the cranberry relish. This recipe is on
the backside of the Ocean Spray Cranberry package. I usually use oranges or
tangerines to put in the relish, but this year, I`m doing chunks of
pineapple.

I know you`re dying to know what I`m making for dessert. A simple pumpkin
pie made with low fat eggnog, nutmeg, and cinnamon. How`s that sound?

Are you cooking this year? If so, do what I do. Carefully plan your dinner
and write the menu out. Look through your kitchen and see what ingredients
you already have on hand. Next, make out a list of what you will need for
next Thursday`s dinner. Now that I`ve told you what I`m having, you tell me
what you`re serving.

Have a productive Sunday!

Love,
Richard