I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Richard Simmons mod-CURSE OF THE EVENING EATERS

CURSE OF THE…

…evening eaters. Stephanie T. from New Hampshire proclaimed, "I eat dinner
around six o`clock. After I finish the dishes, I watch some television and
do some work on my computer, and then it happens. I get so hungry, like
never had dinner. I go down to the kitchen and eat the leftovers. What`s wrong
with me?"

Can anyone relate to Stephanie`s story? I sure do! I do love eating in the morning
and in the afternoon, but eating in the evening is my favorite time to chow down.
See, I was raised that way. Every evening after dinner, we would go to the living
room and watch television. During a commercial, my parents would go into the
kitchen and make a few sandwiches for all of us to eat. We all had our very own
TV tray, and they were always in use. Before bedtime, I would go back to the
kitchen and grab some cookies, chips, or luncheon meat before I went to sleep,
and if I woke up during the night, I visited the kitchen again for a bite of
something.

Were you raised like that, too? If you were, that`s why you love to eat in the
evening like me. Over the years, this habit has been formed in your mind. It
is hard to break, but it can be broken. Look, I did it!

It all starts off with having a complete dinner. Fix a salad, some protein, starch,
and veggies. Set the table real nice, and sit down and enjoy the meal you made for
yourself. Don`t rush! Take your time. After your meal, have a piece of fruit or
some yogurt. Then do the dishes, and get out of the kitchen! Turn the lights out
and go to another room in the house. Take with you a big glass of water, and every
time you are tempted to go back in the kitchen and browse around, just have a few
sips. You see, your body is not really hungry, but it may be a bit thirsty.

It will take several weeks for you to stop munching during the night, and you`ll
be so glad you did. You`ll be eating fewer calories and fat grams, which means
you will lose weight, and your body will be able to metabolize your dinner better,
because you did not overload it later on!

Break free of the curse, and put your health first!

Love,
Richard