I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finding the Right Size Stability Ball

SparkPeople Experts Answer Your Fitness Questions

Question: My physiotherapist has suggested that I buy an inflatable
fitball.
How do I know what size is right for me?

Expert Answer
Fitballs (aka Swiss balls, stability balls, physioballs, etc.) are
some of the best exercise tools around. You can do so many
different exercises with them. Possibly the most important
thing it does is develop your core and stabilizer muscles,
which help in so many areas of your life.

Balls come in different sizes, depending on your height.
Balls are typically 55-75 cm inflated. Someone 5'2-5'7
would use a 55 cm ball, 5'7-6'2 a 65 cm ball and 6'2 and
over, a 75 cm ball. If you have an opportunity to try one
that is fully inflated, you should be able to sit on it
with your knees at a right angle, feet flat on the floor.

Exercise Extra: Sitting or lying on a stability ball helps
strengthen your core- no matter which muscle groups you're working.