Excuse 1: Too Busy to Walk
Why aren't you walking? What excuse is keeping you from stepping out
door or onto the treadmill?
You've found the right place - Excuse Busters will exorcise your
Excuse: Too Busy to Walk
This green goblin of an excuse infests most homes. Work, school,
cleaning, shopping, kids, laundry - there isn't enough time to do
* Commit to a walking time: put it on your calendar, in your day
set your alarm clock.
* Invite Others: Invite your family or housemates to join you but make
that this time is for walking and exercise, nothing else.
* Work walking into your chores: Instead of stopping on the way home
work or driving there, I walk to the market and post office and carry
back in a backpack.
* Leave the beeper at home: If you carry a cell phone for safety, turn
off to incoming calls.
* Sneak walking into a busy day: walk during your breaks and lunch at
or go off for a quick walk at home while a pot is stewing.
Although it is best to walk for a half hour or more, sneaking in a
10-15 minute walks burns calories and gets you into the habit.