I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Friday, March 4, 2011

Spinach and Swiss stuffed Turkey Burgers

Spinach and Swiss stuffed Turkey Burgers

Ingredients:

8 oz Lean Ground Turkey
1- 1 1/2 cup Baby Spinach
1 small onion
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp whatever fat you prefer, I used EVOO
2 slices low-fat swiss.

Chop onion and garlic and saute in evoo until translucent. Rinse and add baby spinach. Saute until spinach is wilted. Doesn't take very long. Remove from pan.

Season meat however you prefer. I actually didn't season it at all. The garlic and onion mixed in with the spinach flavored it pretty good. Separate into four equal portions and shape into patties. Place slice of cheese on two of the portions. Half spinach mixture and place on top of cheese. Add the other portion of turkey to top and seal the edges. Cook in same pan you used for spinach mixture. I didn't need to add extra oil and it didn't stick.

When it was done I ate it on a ww bagel thin. Any bread will do. Honestly it would be good without bread lol.

Hope you enjoy.

Ends up being right around 250 calories for just the burger.
Edited by tmbowman on Fri 03/04/11 05:42 PM