I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Friday, March 4, 2011

Kale Chips

I tried making Kale Chips a couple months ago and they came out tasting like burnt paper. But I tried again last week and tweaked the temp and cooking time. Now I'm addicted to them and look forward to having them as a snack everyday!

Ingredients:
Bunch of Kale rinsed and dried
Fat Free Olive Oil cooking spray
Johnny's Seasoning/ Sea Salt

Spray a cookie sheet, tear the kale into bite size pieces, discard the stems. Arrange on the cookie sheet and spray again with the cooking spray, lightly (and I mean lightly, Kale seems to already have a salty flavor, you can always salt more after cooking) salt and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until slightly crispy, they tend to crisp up more as they cool and it's easy to over cook, you have to watch carefully until you know how your oven will cook. They are an awesome savory snack with out the guilt!


1 Cup Serving
Calories 15 Sodium 175 mg
Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 3 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg