I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Saturday, February 19, 2011

REAL FOOD & CLEAN EATING WORK

Hello friends,

I had the dr. appt yesterday to review my lipid panel and do the annual physical. Overall, things went quite well:

Sugars are normal
bp is now normal
LDL is now normal
HDL is 56
Triglycerides are 156 (borderline high)
Total cholesterol was 210

She gave me a new calorie goal: 1800-2000 calories EATEN, not 2400 and exercising to get to 1600 or 1800 and a carb limit of 250. So I am very close to where I need to be so I will continue to do what I am doing because it is obviously working. I did grab a few low-carb books at the Goodwill yesterday for a bit more inspiration on the carb front. I'm not eating much bread or pasta since becoming gluten-free so the carbs I am eating are mostly from fruits and veggies. We'll re-evaluate in another 3 months but for now, no medication is necessary because she thinks I can whip this on my own.

YAY ME!!!