I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Making Progress





Hello friends,

It has been a while since I've done a blog post so I thought I would do an update and post a few progress pics as well. This has been quite the journey: I am now down 24 lbs and eating far more fruits and veggies than I ever thought possible. I'm enjoying discovering new flavors and textures and honestly wish I had made this lifestyle change sooner. Often when people comment on my weight loss and ask how I achieved it, I will explain that I gave up (most) dairy, refined sugars and flours, soy and gluten and they respond with "What's left to eat?" A LOT!!! As a result of the choices I've made, I have to eat fresh food, I have to connect with the people who prepare my food, I have to know what is in my food and I am finding that to a terrific adventure.

For example, today's menu consisted of the following:

carrot cake oatmeal, a banana and coffee for breakfast
Moroccan veggetable soup and Garden Fresh stir fry for lunch
paprika braised chicken, spaghetti squash, roasted root veggies and salad for dinner
Greek yogurt and an orange preworkout
dark chocolate and a rice cake post workout

The first picture is me at my starting weight of 247 lbs Halloween 2010. I was miserable and in pain constantly.

The second picture is me and my husband at my company holiday party. Six weeks post-hysterectomy at 226 lbs.

The final two photos are me gussied up for Valentine's dinner. Current weight 220 lbs.

I have to say that I am rather enjoying learning to take care of myself, to enjoy exercise and to find peace in the process. Onward and downward!