I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Friday, November 18, 2011

Caramelized Onion Gravy

Caramelized Onion Gravy- from Oxygen Magazine. Can be a little on the sweet side depending on the onions you use and how much you caramelize the onions but I think it's a brilliant gravy without flour.
2 lg onions, thinly sliced
enough butter or oil to sautee onion
1c total- chicken/ turkey broth, cream or half & half- either one or the other or a combination
1/2tsp rubbed sage, thyme or rosemary
salt & pepper to taste

sautee onions until caramelized, stirring frequently. Remove onions to blender cup. Add liquid and seasoning, blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed. Add salt & pepper to taste. makes about 2 cups