I Must Love Me Too

If you have neglected yourself,
make a sincere apology to thee.
Gather the "love-me-not-petals" of your life
and start counting "I-must-love-me-too".
In no time at all you have
a beautiful flower blossom within you. ~ Dodinsky Writings

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Making Veggies Interesting

I have heard from many that they are sometimes hungry on exchange
programs.

But, when I do further research, I find out the ones who are hungry are
not
eating all their vegetable exchanges. To quote them, "I don't eat
vegetables! And I YAM, who I YAM!" Well, maybe it's time stop start
YAMMING
something else! Maybe you don't know you like vegetables because you
haven't
had them since you were a tiny tot. Maybe you haven't tried very many
different kind of vegetables? Or maybe you just have an aversion to
green.
Well, now you are a adult, and as adults we know that vegetables are
full of
cancer fighting antioxidants, fiber-which helps the colon, and liver,
and
also fights cancer, AND low and behold also fills our tummies! And what
you
may not know, they are full of FLAVOR!

Try one new vegetable a week, try it served, or cooked 2 or three
different
ways. Making sure you like it a certain way.

Remember if you don't like it. It's no big deal, there is many many
other
vegetables to try out there. It won't harm you if you don't like the
flavor.
However, a life with out vegetables very well could harm you-liver and
colon
cancer are very much directly involved in not enough fiber or
vegetables.

And best of all you won't feel so hungry you're tempted to fall off the
health wagon and binge out!


SOURCE: Heather -old Healthy Exchanges Board